Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Tasting - Felsina Chianti Classico Rancia

The Rancia version was tasted.



Name: Felsina Chianti Classico Rancia
Variety: 100% Chianti
Region: Rancia
Country: Italy
Year: 2008
Price: $60.00

Winery Review: Silky tannins frame a core of black cherries, plums, licorice and tobacco through to the vibrant finish. The 2008 speaks of textural finesse and silkiness first and foremost. I will not be surprised if the 2008 blossoms further with more time in bottle. Today it is immensely beautiful. Anticipated maturity: 2018-2028. Made from the Rancia vineyard, a high-altitude site in the south of the Chianti Classico appellation. - 93

My Review: This was a very dark wine. I did not get a very distinct smell from this wine. It was jammy in the smell and taste. The tannins definitely came through although it was not as strong as other reds. Overall, I found it to be an okay red wine.

I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment