Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tasting - Trentadue Old Patch Red

I forgot to take a picture of the bottle.




 Name: Trentadue Old Patch Red Lot 36
Variety: 85% Zinfandel and 15% Petite Sirah
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $13.95

Winery Review: This field-style blend of Petite Sirah and Zinfandel is super-jammy, with jellied flavors of raspberries, cherries, blueberries, blackberries and loganberries. It's a fun, fairly complicated wine that finishes dry and tannic. - 86

My Review: I did not find this wine to be as jammy as described. There were hints of berry flavors but were overpowered by the bitter aftertaste. It also had a warm texture to it that I did not enjoy. It does however, finish dry.

I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment