Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Wine Experience

Up until this point, I have not had too much experience with drinking wine. I have only had wine a few times and mostly with meals. Drinking the wine with food helped the wine taste better than it did on its own.  I have also had wine on its own a few times and did not enjoy it as much. To me, it seemed like the wine was strong when I drank it without food.

From the wines I have tried, I do not like heavy wines that have a high alcohol percentage. I prefer the lighter wines that have more of a fruit taste in them.  Since I have not tried a large variety of wines, it is hard to say whether I prefer red or white wine, but from those I have tried, I prefer the whites due to the lighter taste.

There are a few things that I would like to learn in this class. The first is to gain knowledge into the different types of wines so that I can recognize different wines that I see and have an idea of the taste I should expect. This will help me to determine whether or not I might like a particular wine. The second is to hopefully acquire a  taste for wine since I have never really liked wine before. The third would be to learn about pairing food and wine. Lastly, I want to learn more about wine so that if I am out traveling and am offered wine, I will be able to decide what would be best for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment