Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tasting - GR-174 Casa Gran del Siurana

I forgot to take a picture of the bottle at the tasting. 

Name: GR-174 Casa Gran Del Siurana
Variety: Grenache and Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Priorat
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $17.95

Winery Review: The 2011 GR-174 was tasted from barrel and was due for bottling the following week. It has a more extravagant bouquet than the 2010 with kirsch, blood orange and blueberry. The palate is full-bodied with a sweet entry. It is very extravagant with precocious red fruits and a smudge of alcohol towards the finish. It is a bit of a hedonist, but one that comes at a decent price. Drink now. - 89

My Review: This wine was a lot lighter than I was expecting. I was expecting a heavy bitterness and dry finish but the wine was surprisingly smooth. There were also hints of berry flavor such as raspberry. Normally red wines are too heavy for my taste but this red was smoother and lighter than expected.

I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment